Lady Rockinghams Tea House
The Camellia House is a grade II*-listed building, housing some of the oldest camellia trees in the Western hemisphere. In the 18th Century it was used as a tea house by the Lady, and a menagerie was located in and around the building. Lady Rockinghams Tea House brings this hidden history to the fore and encourages visitors to peer through the windows.
Cyanotype-printed onto fabric are excerpts (some straight, some edited, and some reconstructed) from Lady Rockinghams own handwritten cookbook dating from 1700-1730. Also included are accounts relating to the menagerie, such as travelling expenses for taking a wombat to Doncaster! The installation was internally dressed for the WeWonder festival.